Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. ("BBVA") is a limited company incorporated in Spain. It is registered in the Commercial Registry of Vizcaya, Volume 2,083, Folio 1, Page BI-17-A, 1st entry. Tax Identification Number (CIF): A-48265169.
BBVA is authorised by the Bank of Spain and is enrolled in the Administrative Register of the Bank of Spain with number 0182. It is subject to supervision by the European Central Bank and by the Bank of Spain, and is subject to limited regulation in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of the Bank’s regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority are available from the Bank on request.
BBVA is registered as a foreign company in the register of companies for England and Wales (registration number FC014702). BBVA London Branch is registered as a branch in the register of companies for England and Wales (registration number BR000005). Its registered address in is One Canada Square, 44th Floor, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AA. BBVA are on the Financial Services Register of the Financial Conduct Authority (registration number 139228).
"BBVA Group" means us, our subsidiaries, associated and affiliated companies at any time.
References to the "Website" or "Site" mean the website at www.bbvauk.com and any page screen and information available on that website but does not include pages linking to or linked from this site.
Use of the website
You must make lawful use of the Website in accordance with current law, good faith and public order. Similarly, you agree not to use the Website for fraudulent purposes, and not to carry out any activity that may damage the image, interests and rights of BBVA or any third parties. You undertake not to commit any act that may damage, disable or overload the Website or in any way, impede its normal use and operation.
Please note that, in the event of your breach of any of the terms or the obligations set out in the Terms and Conditions of the Website or any other specific terms or conditions contained on the Website, BBVA reserves the right to limit, suspend or terminate your access to the Website, adopting any technical measure necessary for that purpose. BBVA also reserves the right to take such measures in the event that it reasonably suspects that you are violating any of the terms contained in the Terms and Conditions of the Website or any other specific terms or conditions contained on the Website.
BBVA may at its own discretion update, modify or delete information contained on the Website, including its content and/or services, also may limit or deny access to such information at any time without prior notice. BBVA reserves the right to eliminate, limit or prevent access to the Website when technical difficulties or circumstances arise from technical difficulties beyond the control of BBVA, at its discretion, reduce or remove the standard levels of security adopted for the proper operation of said website. In this respect, BBVA reserves the right to decide on the continuation of the information and services provided through the Website.
Copyright, all rights reserved
The entire content of this Website is subject to copyright, with all rights reserved, and the information held is for your personal use only. The intellectual property rights on the Website, including the arrangement of its content, the unique rights to the underlying databases, the graphic design and user interface of the Website (look & feel), computer programs (including source and object codes), and the different elements that form the Website (text, graphics, photographs, videos, sound recordings, etc.) ("Content") are owned by BBVA or its licensors. The distinctive signs included on the Website (trademarks and trade names) are also owned by BBVA or its licensors.
The access or use of the Website does not grant you any right or ownership whatsoever over the rights of intellectual and/or other property protecting the content provided by this Website, or the BBVA logos and trademarks. To this end, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use, except when legally permitted or with the prior authorisation of BBVA, you are expressly prohibited from any reproduction, processing, transmission, distribution, modification, public communication, making available, extraction and/or reuse of the website, its contents and /or logos and trademarks of BBVA or any other third parties included the Website. However, you may print out, copy, download or temporarily store all or part of the site for your own personal use or in order to use our products and services. You must not make any changes to this Website and you must not use any part of this Website or link any other website to this Site without our prior written consent. BBVA reserves the right to take legal action as appropriate against those users who are in breach of or infringe the intellectual and/or other property rights of BBVA.
BBVA grants the users who comply with these Terms and Conditions of the Website (and the applicable Terms of Conditions of Registration) a non-exclusive licence to use the Website, for the maximum period of validity of the intellectual and other property as defined by the applicable laws and regulations (except in the case your access to the Website is suspended for cause) and for the only purpose of using the Website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of the Website.
You acknowledge and accept the terms set out in this paragraph and to comply with the law and regulations that will be applicable as user of this Website.
1. The information and any other contents on the Website are for informational purposes only for your personal use. Nothing contained on this Website constitutes, or shall be deemed in any case to be, a recommendation, technical, financial, legal, tax, or investment advice, or an offer or a guarantee by BBVA, nor should it be understood as a recommendation to trade, or constitute the basis for making any investment or other decision. You should obtain relevant and specific professional advice before making any investment decision.
BBVA declines any responsibility for any use of the information contained on the Website that may be made in this regard. Specifically, it must be understood that such information, subject to the laws and regulations in force in England, is not intended for users who are resident in any other jurisdictions that require compliance with different standards for the provision, disclosure or advertising of such information.
2. The information provided by BBVA on the Website does not constitute a technical opinion of BBVA.
3. BBVA is not responsible for the information contained on this Site that does not meet your expectations. BBVA gives no warranties of any kind, express or implied, with regard to the truthfulness, accuracy, adequacy, timeliness or completeness or update of the information not created by them and another source otherwise specified. BBVA is not responsible for the opinions or comments appearing on the Website, which either reflect the personal views of the Users, or come from the specified sources.
4. BBVA reserves the right to update, modify or remove the information contained on the Website without notice, and assumes no obligation to communicate any changes or modify the contents.
Links to the website
Establishing links to the Website is prohibited, unless it has been previously authorised by BBVA. In any case, once authorised by BBVA, the link will be established as follows:
• The link must not consist of frames which allow visualising the Website through URLs other than the Website URL or in any other way show the information on the Website together with the information included on other websites.
• The website that link (the "Linker Site") will not make any false, inaccurate or incorrect statements referred to the Website and/or BBVA.
• In any case, the authorisation granted by BBVA does not mean that: (i) BBVA sponsors, collaborates, verifies or monitors the content and/or services provided through the Linker Site; or (ii) BBVA is in any way responsible for the content of the Linker Site.
The Linker Site shall comply with the law and shall in no case host content of its own or third parties that: (i) are illegal, violate the rights of others, harmful, degrading, violent, inappropriate or otherwise contrary to morality, to the uses and good customs (pornographic, racist, etc.); (ii) implies or could imply to the User the false impression that BBVA endorses, supports, adheres or any way supports the ideas, statements or expressions, whether lawful or not; and (iii) are inappropriate or irrelevant to the activity of BBVA.
In the event of breach of the terms set out above, BBVA may adopt the appropriate and necessary measures.
Links to third parties
To help you find additional information, we may include links that allow you to access third-party websites ("Linked Sites"). Where we provide hypertext links to Linked Sites, such links are not an endorsement by us of any products or services in such Linked Sites. You use such Linked Sites entirely at your own risk, and we accept no responsibility or liability for the content, use or availability of such Linked Sites. We have not verified the truth or accuracy of any content of such Linked Sites. BBVA is not responsible for the content of the Linked Sites or their condition of use and privacy policies; the User is solely responsible for checking and accepting each time he accesses and uses those sites.
If you believe that the Linked Sites host content that may be illegal, violate the rights of others, harmful, degrading, violent, inappropriate or otherwise contrary to morality, to the uses and good custom, you can notify us at the following email address: email@example.com.
Communication of unlawful or inappropriate activities
• Your personal information: name, address, phone number and email address;
• Description of the facts that reveal the illegal or inappropriate nature of the content or information, as well as the specific URL in which it is available;
• In the event of infringement of third party rights, such as intellectual or other property, if you are not the owner of the rights infringed, you must identify the owner of those rights and, where possible, provide the title certifying ownership of the infringed rights and, if applicable, your powers and authority to act on behalf of the owner.
Please note that communications through open networks are exposed to a number of threats, thereby making them unsafe. It is your responsibility to take all appropriate measures to reasonably control these threats, including having updated detection systems for viruses, Trojans, etc., specific technical software measures and updated security patches for internet browsers. For more information, please consult the BBVA Security Policy or contact your internet service provider, who can provide solutions that suit your needs. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, BBVA is not liable for damages caused to you as a result of the risks inherent in the means employed, or those caused by vulnerabilities in your systems and tools. BBVA does not guarantee total security of its systems and although it has taken appropriate security measures cannot completely exclude the existence of vulnerabilities and, consequently, you must be cautious when interacting with the Website.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you or any other person as a result of the use of this website (including, inter alia, any loss or damage suffered as a result of the use of the information on this website; any technical problems you or another person experience when using this website; any deficiency, virus or malware that affects the functioning of your computer; the transfer or security of any information sent to or received from this website; unauthorised access to your commands or data or alteration of your transmission; use of services outside our control, such as telephone and browser services, in connection with this website; any failure of any machine, data processing system or transmission link, or any interference by a third party in the transmission of data carried out over the Internet, as well as any loss of or damage to data, software, hardware or telecommunications equipment belonging to your or any other person) unless such loss or damage occurs in the following circumstances:
• such loss or damage is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms and Conditions or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time the loss or damage first arose.
• death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors.
• fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees, agents or subcontractors. BBVA will not be liable for any loss or damages, direct or indirect, that you may suffer as a result of the improper use of this Website or its contents and assumes no obligation to notify changes or modify the contents thereof.
All the aspects relating to the processing of users' personal information derived from the use of the Website are set out in the Privacy Notice.
The internet email service we provide on this Website is not guaranteed to be completely secure, and, therefore, messages may be intercepted, lost or altered during or after transmission. We will not be liable to you or any other person for damages or other loss in connection with any message sent by you to us over the internet.
Location of use of the website
This Website is designed for use in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man and is not intended for distribution or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where the publication or availability of this Website or such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation. It is your responsibility to ensure that, if you access the Service outside these countries, your ability to use the Service must be permitted by local law, and we shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of not being able to use the Service in these countries as a result of local encryption laws. IN particular, we use a very high level of encryption. The use of such levels of encryption may be illegal in jurisdictions outside the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. You and we both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also file proceedings in Northern Ireland; similarly, if you are a resident of Scotland, you can also file proceedings in Scotland.
These Terms and Conditions are available in English, and all communications from us will be in English unless you ask us to speak to you about your banking service in Spanish.
Depositor protection scheme
Your eligible deposits with Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. London branch are protected up to a total of EUR 100,000 by the Deposit Guarantee Fund and are not protected by the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Any deposits you hold above the EUR 100,000 limit are unlikely to be covered. Please ask for further information or visit www.fgd.es.
Please, let us know if you would like this information in Braille or large print or in an alternative format to enable you to understand it.
BBVA is the commercial name of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A., registered in England with company no. FC014702 and office no. BR001254. Registered ofﬁce: One Canada Square, 44th Floor, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AA. Authorised by the Bank of Spain and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.
Last update: 22 May 2018